Creating a Multisite in WordPress is easy and can be of great value. The only thing about the Multisite is that WordPress automaticly adds /blog/ to post urls on your main site.
How to remove /blog/ on your WP multi site?
- just log in to your main website’s wordpress dashboard;
- be sure your’re managing the right website;
- go to SETTINGS > PERMALINKS;
- set the permalinks to STANDARD and click save;
- now the /blog/ is removed you can select POST-NAME again and click save again.
- You should be fine now!
WordPress puts the /blog/ in your url for a reason. If you have created a multisite in subfolders than you should keep in mind that you do not give a new post on your main site the same name as one of your other sites.